Friday, March 30, 2018

Yonder Mountain String Band at Saint Rocke, 3-28-18: Photos

Yonder Mountain String Band is one of my favorite groups, and I’m happy whenever they come to southern California. On Wednesday, they played at an intimate and friendly venue in Hermosa Beach, Saint Rocke, to what had to be a sell-out crowd (I don’t think they could have fit any more people in there). I got there early because I’d heard parking was limited; and, indeed, the venue has the smallest parking lot I’ve ever seen. The staff here is really nice, and the venue has an inviting, relaxed vibe, which I appreciate. Because of the layout, there are some problems with sight lines, if you’re seated in that section deep off to the right, or at the far end of the bar. So most people made their way onto the dance floor.

After a good opening set by Old Salt Union, Yonder Mountain took the stage at 9:21 p.m. And then I was too busy dancing and drinking to write any notes. I will, however, mention that I totally dug their cover of The Edgar Winter Group’s “Frankenstein” (and wanted them to follow it with “Hocus Pocus” by Focus), and that the show was a whole lot of fun. Though I didn’t take notes, I did take several photos. Here are a few of them (the set list follows the photos).


Set List
  1. Boots
  2. Winds Of Wyoming
  3. Far From You
  4. Sidewalk Stars
  5. Rain Still Falls
  6. Chasing My Tail >
  7. Frankenstein
  8. High On A Hilltop
  9. Groovin’ Away
  10. All Aboard >
  11. Casualty
 Encore
  1. No Rain
  2. Crazy Train
Saint Rocke is located at 142 Pacific Coast Highway in Hermosa Beach, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment